VANCOUVER — Three men died and three were injured Friday when they were overcome by fumes as they worked at a mushroom farm in Langley, B.C.
The victims were in a back utility room at Farmers' Fresh Mushrooms Inc. late Friday afternoon when the deadly incident occurred.
"They either inadvertently or intentionally released a noxious fume; it's not clear what the noxious fume was," said RCMP spokesman Corporal Peter Thiessen.
"Other employees realized these males were in distress and came to their aid," Cpl. Thiessen added, saying there was a "strong possibility" that one person had come to the aid of the initial victims and died as a result of the rescue attempt.